Friday, April 15, 2011

Job Chart in Our House

We began using this online job chart about 2 weeks ago and it has revolutionized our house.  Gamer's birthday was last week and he actually turned his birthday money ($20.00) into Job Chore points (2000 points) so that he could buy "something special".  What did that little rugrat end up buying?  An ice cream cone, 1 hour of computer time, a morning of sleeping in, and (my personal favorite) a date with his Daddy. 
What Gamer still has left to earn
 Gamer and Daddy played hookie from church Wednesday night and spent the evening eating snacks and playing Xbox.  When us gals got home, I was informed it was "the best night ever".  How sweet is that?  My children actually come home asking what I need them to do around the house, there has been a lot less arguing in the morning getting ready for school, and (the best part for me) NO arguing at bed time. Since my kiddos can earn points daily for doing all these things (and points translate into money) they are happy to do them.  It's a win-win situation in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment